Sunday, November 18, 2012

Life-Changing Pumpkin Bars

These are soooo good! I combined two recipes and found it to be just right. It doesn't seem like it will be enough frosting but it's perfect.

Pumpkin Bars

2 cups sugar
3/4-1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. cloves
1/8 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg (on the last 3 spices I kind of go off of what I prefer don't go too crazy.
sometimes I leave those 3 out).
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt

4 eggs
2 cups pumpkin
1 cup oil ( I did 1/2 oil and 1/2 applesauce)

Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix together. The mix should be pretty much a little bit thicker than a cake mix consistency. Pour into a greased 13X18 baking jelly roll pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. It will be golden and light brown on the edges. No over baking!

Cream Cheese Frosting
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar.

We rate these 12/10

No comments:

Post a Comment