Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hawaiian Haystacks


We have been asked to share our Hawaiian Haystacks recipe with you. These are really easy to make and everyone is happy because they can add their own toppings.
It is not much of a recipe, more of just a how to.
I actually make Hawaiian Haystacks 2 different ways.

1. My favorite way to make them is with a homemade gravy and left over chicken. I cook a whole chicken in the crock pot and we will eat that for a meal. Then the next day, I will make a gravy from the drippings and add left over bits of chicken meat to the gravy to serve over the rice.

2. When I want to make Hawaiian Haystacks,but have not cooked a whole chicken. I just put chicken tenders in the crockpot and 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. I will let this cook on low for 4-6 hours and use this to serve over the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment