Saturday, May 18, 2013

Oreo Truffles

Today I made these for a bake sale for my student with cancer. Please read his story at paytynsarmy.org. It's an incredible story for an incredible kid!

I absolutely love these easy delectable Oreo truffles. The regular or double stuff are delicious but I really love them with mint Oreos. Adjust your cream cheese to how you like the center.

Ingredients:
1 package Oreos (pick your flavor)
1 8oz package cream cheese (softened)
Chocolate white or milk for dipping about a 16 oz package. I did half of both.

Directions: 
1. Crush cookies to desired consistency. But no huge chucks. (I've used my food processor, rolling pin smack method and used a cup to crush them in a bowl). Depends on which type of mess you want I suppose. 
2. Mix in cream cheese with crushed Oreos until well mixed.
3. Scoop out spoonfuls and place in a bowl or on wax paper on a tray. Place in fridge until firm (overnight is what I do).
5. Once chilled melt chocolate in a bowl with a little bit of shortening (1tbsp).
4. Roll Oreo balls I hand a couple times to make smooth. Dip in chocolate and place one wax paper. Chill in fridge and there you go.
My notes:
*I prefer them really tiny but large ones are fun too!
*Feel free to go crazy with toppings. I had extra chocolate to drizzle. Sprinkles and crushed cookie leftovers are great too. 

Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. Oooooh yum! Looks like I may have to try making these! I'm glad they went to a good cause. (PS--I have Linny at our house right now playing with Isabelle. Oh how they adore you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! I sure do adore them! Hope you get to try these they are awesome! Tell the girls I say hi!

    ReplyDelete