Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Roasted Butternut squash Brownies

 These just sound terrible. I saw the recipe calling for sweet potato and thought it sounded crazy. But I had just happened to roast a TON of butternut squash and we weren't inhaling it. So I thought I'd try subbing the butternut squash for the sweet potato. I've made it twice. In less than 2 weeks. It is STUPID good. I am a gooey fudge chocolate chip girl and THIS IS IT! I keep it in the fridge. B likes it cold like a custard but heated up it's amazing with ice cream on top. An honestly I have some of the world's pickiest eaters and they will inhale this stuff. No questions asked. I've made it both with peanut butter as well as almond butter. both amazing. Just make sure you really mix it up so there aren't any lumps of the nut butter. 

via Healthygirlkitchen on instagram 


†dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan
ingredients:
1.5 cups cooked sweet potato or butternut squash
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp (coconut, olive)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder pinch of salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (plus more for sprinkling on top)

how to:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix all ingredients together in baking bowl.
3. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into 9x9 baking pan lined with parchment.
4. Top with more chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 25-30 min!

No comments:

Post a Comment