Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Homemade Granola

I'm pretty excited about this recipe! I've been wanting to make it for a while and finally did. I saw the recipe on Cooks Country and found one similar to it online. The possibilities are endless. In the fall I want to add pumpkin pie spice. My father in law loves granola so we made this for his Father's Day gift in a cute glass jar. I cooked it a little too long so I was sure to modify that in the recipe. Enjoy! Adapted from thefrugalgal.com

1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup canola oil
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cup raw whole almonds, chopped
1/8 cup flax seed 

1 Tbsp wheat germ

2 cups raisins or other dried fruit (I combined craisins, raisins and dried apricots)

She adds 1/2 cup or so of flaked coconut I couldn't find that so I left it out.

Heat oven to 325° F. Grease a rimmed half-sheet baking pan.

Whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and oil. Stir in oats, almonds, and other toppings.

Spread the oat mixture into the prepared baking sheet; press evenly to compact granola. Just lightly press. Don't break your wrist over it.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until granola is lightly browned, rotating baking sheet halfway through the baking time.

Remove from the oven and let cool thoroughly. When granola is cool, break into clusters and stir in dried fruit.

Store in an airtight container up to 1 month.


Read more at http://www.thefrugalgirl.com/2012/09/no-stir-clumpalicious-granola/#7jcPqiCI18STO7kp.99

No comments:

Post a Comment