Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mama Dye's Egg Rolls

My Mother-in-Law is an AMAZING cook! She is always showing me new fun recipes that are easy and delicious. She made her famous egg rolls last night via wonton style since the store was out of the bigger wrappers. They are pretty stinking good. And since I can never find her recipes I thought I'd start writing them down so I can keep them. Enjoy!

Egg Rolls:
cabbage
carrots
onion
mix with any chopped up meat (we used leftover turkey tenderloin)
slightly cook vegetables if desired

You can either hand grate all the veggies and mix or if you're really smart like my m-i-l you can just chop them in the food processor. Genius! Combine ingredients and place on egg roll wrappers. If using wontons have a little cup of water and run your finger around the perimeter and press gently to seal shut. If wrapping egg rolls wrap the egg rolls like a burrito and deep fry in about 1/2 inch ish of hot oil.

Dipping Sauce:
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/3 cup water
Mix cornstarch and water till lumps are gone. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until thick.




No comments:

Post a Comment