Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Asian Lettuce Wraps


I LOVE LOVE LOVE these Lettuce Wraps! They are so easy and you can really do whatever you want to them. This last time I made them I chopped up carrots, onion and celery. I really enjoyed all the textures. At Costco they sometimes have a double pack of butter lettuce for like $3.29.  In Utah that's pretty much the only place I could find it. The butter lettuce allows them to hold the filling better and it has great flavor and a lighter less watery texture. I love to drizzle some sweet chili sauce with these. I just buy whatever is cheapest. 

Cook in a Wok or Skillet:
Drizzle some oil in a pan (about 1-3 TBSP)
2 Chicken Breasts ( I usually just use whatever leftover chicken I have since I'm always boiling chicken because we eat it so much). 
Make sure chicken is cooked through.
If you want to add a carrot/ a bit of onion and a stalk of finely chopped celery be sure to add it and cook until tender. 
Add 1 can of chopped water chestnuts
3 TBSP. Chopped green onions
1-2 tsp. minced garlic
Cook all those ingredients. 

Sauce:
2 TBSP Soy Sauce
1-2 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 tsp. rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
Mix up sauce and add to your chicken mixture. 

Serve:
I put the washed lettuce and chicken on the table and serve it family style. Drizzle some Sweet Chili Sauce over the top and you're done. DELICIOUS! Fast and Easy! Hope you love them too!

*Note: I also love to turn these into an asian salad for lunch if I have leftovers.*


No comments:

Post a Comment