Monday, January 14, 2013

Cream of Something

So tonight I realized I was out of cream of chicken. Perfect excuse cuz I've been wanting to try a recipe like this anyway. I used it I make creamy enchiladas and am currently waiting for them to come out of the oven. They smell delicious and the sauce tasted amazing! So simple and I know exactly what went into it.

Cream of Something Soup
Author/Source:
Kristi @ Onceamonthmom.com
Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 cup main ingredient, diced
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
3/4 cup broth

Directions:
Saute garlic, onion and main ingredient (mushrooms, chicken, celery, etc.) and set aside. Melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add “milk” and broth. Add sauteed garlic, onion and main ingredient. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring regularly, until it reaches desired consistency (about 10-15 minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper and use as you would a can of condensed Cream of Something Soup in any recipe. If I make it ahead of time, I pour the soup into a pint canning jar and refrigerate it for up to four days.

Made about 2 & 1/4 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment